Mountain Grove, Ontario
Sleeps 2 | 160sq/ft | Pup-Friendly
Designed especially for two adults (or small families), Mason cabin offers a cozy, clean, minimalist, rustic and open-concept design with panoramic windows to bring the natural beauty of this unique, rugged property inside.
Hike-In: 200 Meters (Winter Only) | Remoteness: Medium
Activities at this cabin:
SELECT THE NIGHTS YOU’D LIKE TO STAY IN THE RESERVATION CALENDAR ABOVE
☼ Single nights now available – limited time only!
☼ Typically we require a 2-night minimum stay / 3-nights on long weekends
☼ A $40 cleaning fee will be included in your reservation total
☼ HST will be added on the checkout page
We book up to 4 months in advance and open reservations on a revolving monthly basis. September bookings open on June 1st at 8am.
THIS CABIN INCLUDES:1 Queen
Indoor & Outdoor Shower*
Fan and Heat
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar & Coffee
Canoe & Lifejackets
*Running water is shut-off Early October – Mid May
This eco-cabin is completely OFF-GRID. (Don’t let this scare you). Our cabin is modernized and solar powered with electricity and heat. Feel good knowing that you’re choosing a low-carbon, eco-friendly getaway. As an off-grid cabin, energy conservation is key. Drawing too much energy may cause you to lose power, so you’ll need to be mindful of your consumption during your stay. There is a back-up generator when solar power is low.
LEAVE NO TRACE
All garbage and recycling must be packed up and taken home on your departure.
THINGS TO DO
- Relax, Canoe, Fish, Swim, Read, Stargaze
(Our cabin is located in a wild part of the lake. For clear, deep swimming, take out our canoe to our nearby swimming dock)
- Hike/Snowshoe over 10km of trails on site
- Visit Sharbot Lake village (26 minute drive)
- Visit historic Perth village (50 minute drive)
- We share our 576 pristine acres with the good folks at the Sumac Centre (a family-owned lodge) and their friendly golden lab Maya. The lodge is located down the lake and out of view from our cabin, giving you ample privacy and seclusion. However, all trails on the property are shared between our cabin and the lodge. Please be respectful of our neighbours and their guests. We have a mutual agreement to give each other as much privacy as possible.
- Our pathway to the cabin is on a rugged, meandering terrain through the forest. It can get rutty depending on weather conditions (especially after heavy rainfall in Spring). We will always update our guests on driving conditions in advance of arrival. If the pathway is not driveable, it’s only a short 5-minute hike from your car.
What makes this location awesome?
This Cabinscape is located in the heart of the Land O’ Lakes Region in Central Frontenac, Ontario, an area known for its rugged Canadian Shield terrain, rolling hills, winding roads, pristine lakes, and outdoor adventure activities. A 21-minute drive to the LCBO, Beer Store, and gas station. A 26-minute drive to the quaint village of Sharbot Lake is where you’ll find groceries, a cafe, restaurants, a public beach, local events, concerts and activities
When is check-in and check-out?
Entry is by lock-box and key. Check in time is 3 pm. Check-out is 11 am.
What if I need assistance during my stay?
We are always a phone call or text away for any questions or assistance. Our on-call property manager lives nearby and can be available on-site when needed.
What should I bring?
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets. (In response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins).
- Bug repellent
- Hand sanitizer
When is running water shut off?
- Our water is pumped from the lake. Running water is shut off when temperatures dip below freezing. This normally happens mid-October but can vary each year. When running water is shut off, we provide 40L of water for dish washing and drinking. All taps (including shower taps) are turned off. Water is turned back on before the May Long Weekend.
Can I bring additional guests?
- No. This cabin can only accommodate up to 2 guests plus 1 pup. The base rental rate includes 2 guests. If you’re bringing a pup, please select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout.
Is there WIFI/Cell Service?
- There is NO WIFI access at this cabin. There is reliable cell reception. However, access to data is slow and spotty. Don’t plan on having a Zoom meeting here.
Are there bugs and critters?!
You bet. Depending on the season, you’ll encounter bugs of all sorts. Bugs, rodents and wildlife are a reality of the wilderness. Guests should come prepared with bug spray and proper protective attire. Ticks have also been a major issue across Ontario. Please do your research ahead of time and learn how to properly check yourself for ticks.
While we do our best to protect our cabins from pesky critters by having them seasonally sprayed, critters can sometimes find their way into the cabin. That’s why it’s important to keep your food sealed and stored. If you’re squeamish around bugs or critters, you may want to consider another kind of getaway.
Is this cabin pup friendly?
Yes! You are more than welcome to bring your furry friend for an extra fee of $25/per night. Select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout. One dog per booking is permitted. (We do not make exceptions to this rule).