Sleeps 2 | 160sq/ft | Pup-Friendly
Designed especially for two adults (or small families), Juniper cabin offers a cozy, clean, minimalist, rustic and open-concept design with panoramic windows to bring the natural beauty of this unique, rugged property inside.
Hike-In: 100 Meters (Winter Only) | Remoteness: Low
Activities at this cabin:
SELECT THE NIGHTS YOU’D LIKE TO STAY IN THE RESERVATION CALENDAR ABOVE
☼ 2-night minimum stay / 3-nights on long weekends
☼ A $40 cleaning fee will be included in your reservation total
☼ HST will be added on the checkout page
We book up to 4 months in advance and open reservations on a revolving monthly basis. September bookings open on June 1st at 8am.
THIS CABIN INCLUDES:1 Queen
Indoor & Outdoor Shower*
Fan and Heat
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar & Coffee
Canoe & Lifejackets
*Running water is shut-off Early October – Mid May
This eco-cabin is completely OFF-GRID. (Don’t let this scare you). Our cabin is modernized and solar powered with electricity and heat. Feel good knowing that you’re choosing a low-carbon, eco-friendly getaway. As an off-grid cabin, energy conservation is key. Drawing too much energy may cause you to lose power, so you’ll need to be mindful of your consumption during your stay. There is a back-up generator when solar power is low.
LEAVE NO TRACE
All garbage and recycling must be packed up and taken home on your departure.
THINGS TO DO
- Relax, Canoe, Fish, Read, Stargaze.
- Hike or Bike the Tay Havelock Trail
- Visit Silver Lake Provincial Park for sandy beach access (4 minute drive)
- Visit Sharbot Lake Provincial Park for rugged hiking and public beach (10 minute drive)
- Visit historic Perth village (15 minute drive)
- Visit Sharbot Lake village (10 minute drive)
Juniper cabin is our most easy to access cabin, conveniently located just off Highway 7 in a secluded spot on the river. Depending on the day, you may hear sounds from the road. But mostly these sounds are masked by the cascading lull of the Fall River at your doorstep. If you are looking for a remote wilderness experience, you should check out our cabins with “medium” or “high” levels of remoteness.
What makes this location awesome?
This Cabinscape is located in Maberly, Ontario, in Tay Valley Township, an area known for pristine swimming, mature forests and steep rock faces. From the cabin you are just 4-minutes away from Silver Lake Provincial Park where you’ll find a public beach, and just 3-minutes away from the Tay- Havelock trailhead (connected to the Trans-Canada Trail). Looking for a day trip in town? From the cabin you are just 10-minutes from the village of Sharbot Lake and 15-minutes from the historic (and adorably quaint town) of Perth. Here is where you’ll find anything you might need: groceries, LCBO, Beer Store, great cafes, theatre, restaurants and great shopping.
Can I swim in the river?
The shoreline from our cabin is shallow (2-3 feet deep) with a flat, rocky bottom making it a refreshing wading area (especially in the “waterfall” section of the river) but not ideal for deep swimming. For good swimming options, consider visiting one of the nearby public beaches at Silver Lake Provincial Park or Sharbot Lake or paddling to deeper water.
When is check-in and check-out?
Entry is by lock-box and key. Check in time is 4 pm. Check-out is 12 pm.
What if I need assistance during my stay?
We are always a phone call or text away for any questions or assistance. Our on-call property manager lives nearby and can be available on-site when needed.
What should I bring?
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets. (In response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins).
- Bug repellent
- Hand sanitizer
When is running water shut off?
- Our water is pumped from the lake. Running water is shut off when temperatures dip below freezing. This normally happens mid-October but can vary each year. When running water is shut off, we provide 40L of water for dish washing and drinking. All taps (including shower taps) are turned off. Water is turned back on before the May Long Weekend.
Can I bring additional guests?
- No. This cabin can only accommodate up to 2 guests plus 1 pup. The base rental rate includes 2 guests. If you’re bringing a pup, please select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout.
Is there WIFI/Cell Service?
- There is NO WIFI access at this cabin. There is reliable cell reception. However, access to data is slow and spotty. Don’t plan on having a Zoom meeting here.
Are there bugs or critters?!
You bet. Depending on the season, you’ll encounter bugs of all sorts. Bugs, rodents and wildlife are a reality of the wilderness. Guests should come prepared with bug spray and proper protective attire. Ticks have also been a major issue across Ontario. Please do your research ahead of time and learn how to properly check yourself for ticks.
While we do our best to protect our cabins from pesky critters by having them seasonally sprayed, critters can sometimes find their way into the cabin. That’s why it’s important to keep your food sealed and stored. If you’re squeamish around bugs or critters, you may want to consider another kind of getaway.
Is this cabin pet friendly?
Yes! You are more than welcome to bring your furry friend for an extra fee of $25/per night. Select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout. One dog per booking is permitted. (We do not make exceptions to this rule).