Sleeps 3 | 128sq/ft | Pup-Friendly
Explore the leisure trails this unique property has to offer through rolling hills, maple groves, creeks and natural artesian springs. Spend a day exploring the more expansive hiking trails in the area and the historic villages of Mississippi Mills nestled along the Mississippi River.
Hike-In: 300 Meters (Winter Only) | Remoteness: Low
Activities at this cabin:
SELECT THE NIGHTS YOU’D LIKE TO STAY IN THE RESERVATION CALENDAR ABOVE
☼ 2-night minimum stay / 3-nights on long weekends
☼ A $40 cleaning fee will be included in your reservation total
☼ HST will be added on the checkout page
We book up to 4 months in advance and open reservations on a revolving monthly basis. September bookings open on June 1st at 8am.
THIS CABIN INCLUDES:1 Queen/1 Twin Bed
Fan and Heat
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar & Coffee
*Running water is shut-off Early October – Mid May
This eco-cabin is completely OFF-GRID. (Don’t let this scare you). Our cabin is modernized and solar powered with electricity and heat. Feel good knowing that you’re choosing a low-carbon, eco-friendly getaway. As an off-grid cabin, energy conservation is key. Drawing too much energy may cause you to lose power, so you’ll need to be mindful of your consumption during your stay. There is a back-up generator when solar power is low.
LEAVE NO TRACE
All garbage and recycling must be packed up and taken home on your departure.
THINGS TO DO
- Lounge, relax, unplug, unwind, enjoy doing nothing
- Hike the trails on the property
- Visit Cartwright Springs Brewery for a personal tour, samples, and beers for purchase
- Canoe the Mississippi River (launch from Pakenham) (6-minute drive)
- Visit High Lonesome Trail Reserve (7-minute drive)
- Visit Blakeney Rapids for a refreshing dip in the Mississippi or hike river as it narrows into rapids (14-minute drive)
- Visit the Mill of Kintail Conservation Area for hiking trails and museum (19-minute drive)
- Visit Mount Pakenham Ski Resort (11-minute drive)
- Explore the village of Almonte, an historic and picturesque mill town along the Mississippi with quaint shops, galleries, cafes, restaurants and festivals (20-minute drive)
Our hiking trails are shared between our guests and the owners/customers of Cartwright Springs Brewery who may be touring the brewery. Don’t be alarmed if you encounter other people on the hiking trails.
What makes this location awesome?
The cabin is located a quick 6-minute drive to the rural village of Pakenham on the Mississippi River. Stop into town for a picnic by the beach or by the boiling rapids at the historic Five Span Bridge. You’ll find all your provisions here in town like groceries, LCBO, lunch, dinner, ice cream from Scoops and fudge from Penny’s Fudge Factory.
For the craft beer enthusiasts… visit Cartwright Springs Brewery on the main road of our property for a personal tour of their operation and for samples of their delicious artisan spring beers and maple porters.
When is check-in and check-out?
Entry is by lock-box and key. Check in time is 3 pm. Check-out is 11 am.
What if I need assistance during my stay?
We are always a phone call or text away for any questions or assistance. Our on-call property manager lives nearby and can be available on-site when needed.
What should I bring?
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets. (In response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins).
- Bug repellent
- Hand sanitizer
When is running water shut off?
- Our water is pumped from the creek. Running water is shut off when temperatures dip below freezing. This normally happens mid-October but can vary each year. When running water is shut off, we provide 40L of water for dish washing and drinking. All taps (including shower taps) are turned off. Water is turned back on before the May Long Weekend.
Does this cabin have an indoor shower?
- No, this cabin does not have an indoor shower. Enjoy showering in our refreshingly clean artesian spring-fed outdoor shower at the side of the cabin. The shower is equipped with hot water.
Can I bring additional guests?
- This cabin can accommodate up to 3 guests plus 1 pup. The base rental rate includes 2 guests. A third guest is an additional $25/per night. Please check off 3 guests at checkout. If you’re bringing a pup, please select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout.
Is there WIFI/Cell Service?
- There is NO WIFI access at this cabin. There is reliable cell reception. However, access to data is slow and spotty. Don’t plan on having a Zoom meeting here.
Are there bugs or critters?!
You bet. Depending on the season, you’ll encounter bugs of all sorts. Bugs, rodents and wildlife are a reality of the wilderness. Guests should come prepared with bug spray and proper protective attire. Ticks have also been a major issue across Ontario. Please do your research ahead of time and learn how to properly check yourself for ticks.
While we do our best to protect our cabins from pesky critters by having them seasonally sprayed, critters can sometimes find their way into the cabin. That’s why it’s important to keep your food sealed and stored. If you’re squeamish around bugs or critters, you may want to consider another kind of getaway.
Is this cabin pet friendly?
Yes! You are more than welcome to bring your furry friend for an extra fee of $25/per night. Select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout. One dog per booking is permitted. (We do not make exceptions to this rule).