Sleeps 3 | 128sq/ft | Pup-Friendly
Access: AWD or 4WD vehicle recommended (or a short hike in from the parking area)
Hike-In: 50 Meters (Winter Only) | Remoteness: Low
Activities at this cabin:
SELECT THE NIGHTS YOU’D LIKE TO STAY IN THE RESERVATION CALENDAR ABOVE
☼ We require a 2-night minimum stay / 3-nights on long weekends
☼ A $40 cleaning fee will be included in your reservation total
☼ HST will be added on the checkout page
We book up to 4 months in advance and open reservations on a revolving monthly basis. August bookings are now open. September reservations will open June 1st, 2022.
THIS CABIN INCLUDES:2 Queens
Fan and Heat
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar & Coffee
*There is NO running water or shower at this cabin. Public showers are available at Calabogie Peaks Resort with the purchase of a Resort Day Pass.
This eco-cabin is completely OFF-GRID. (Don’t let this scare you). Our cabin is modernized and solar powered with electricity and heat. Feel good knowing that you’re choosing a low-carbon, eco-friendly getaway. As an off-grid cabin, energy conservation is key. Drawing too much energy may cause you to lose power, so you’ll need to be mindful of your consumption during your stay. There is a back-up generator when solar power is low.
LEAVE NO TRACE
All garbage and recycling must be packed up and taken to the Haliburton Forest dump onsite upon your departure.
THINGS TO DO
- Hit the trails! Calabogie Peaks Resort is the trail head for a fascinating network of Ontario hiking and cycling trails that expand beyond the resort boundaries and cross over thousands of acres of Crown Land
- Fish, swim or paddle at the resort’s private beach*
- Play a round of golf at Ironwoods 9 hole golf course*
- Hit the ski slopes!*
- Experience fine dining at the resort’s Canhooks Restaurant or grab a bite on the waterfront at the Boathouse Bar & Grill.
- Visit the scenic town of Calabogie for shopping, dining and events
- Visit Calabogie Brewing Co.
*Resort Day Pass required (extra cost)
*Ski Lift Pass required (extra cost)
- Hike-in Access Only (Nov-May) – 50 meters or less than 5 minutes
- Drive-in Access (May-Oct) – AWD or 4WD vehicle strongly recommended
- If you do not have a suitable AWD or 4WD vehicle, hiking to the cabin is also an option! (It’s a short uphill hike from the parking lot).
- This cabin is rated “low” on our remoteness scale. While still private, the cabin is located nearby other cabins and near a private access road. It is the closet cabin to our private parking area, making it an easy 50 metre hike for those who choose to hike in.
DRIVE IN / HIKE IN ACCESS
Our laneways are not plowed in the winter months. This means that all our cabins become “hike-in access only” when the snow gets too deep to drive through. Guests visiting us in November should ensure that they have a suitable car equipped with snow tires. Please be aware that snowfall as early as November may mean that you’ll need to hike into your cabin. We’ll provide you with snowshoes and a sled to haul your gear. Consider it an adventure!
What makes this location awesome?
Enjoy direct access to some of the best hiking in Ontario! Take in lake views from your cabin and spectacular vistas on trails right out your door. There’s also great cycling, swimming, paddling, skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. This Cabinscape is located on the forested grounds of Calabogie Peaks, a four season country resort located on the shores of Calabogie Lake at the base of Dickson Mountain, just 50 minutes from Ottawa. The property includes a full service boutique hotel and condo suites all at the base of the tallest ski resort in Ottawa Valley. Renowned as one of Ontario’s leading destinations, the resort’s country warmth and luxury are combined with limitless seasonal activities. For a full list of summer resort activities, visit Calabogie Peak’s website.
When is check-in and check-out?
Entry is by lock-box and key. Check in time is 3 pm. Check-out is 11 am.
What if I need assistance during my stay?
We are always a phone call or text away for any questions or assistance. Our on-call property manager lives nearby and can be available on-site when needed.
What should I bring?
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets
- Bug repellent
- Hand sanitizer
Does this cabin have running water or a shower?
No. Our Micro cabins do not have running water. We provide 40L of water for dish washing and drinking. Public showers are available at Calabogie Peaks Resort with the purchase of a Resort Day Pass.
Can I bring additional guests?
Yes. This cabin can accommodate up to 3 guests. The base rental rate includes 2 guests.
Is there WIFI/Cell Service?
There is NO WIFI access at this cabin. There is reliable cell reception. However, access to data is slow and spotty. Don’t plan on having a Zoom meeting here.
What is included in the Resort Day Pass?
Cabinscape guests who wish to enjoy the resort’s amenities may purchase a Resort Day Pass. Day passes can be purchased at the front desk at Calabogie Peaks Resort. The cost is $25 (per person) or $60 (per family). Your Day Pass includes….
- Access to the Private Beach Club
- Unlimited golf, tennis and boating (canoes, kayaks, pedal boats and paddleboards)
- Access to hotel pool & hot tub, showers, day lockers & Exercise Room Facilities
(currently closed due to COVID)
- Fall colour chairlift rides
- Pond skating
- Nightly bonfires
Access to the resort’s hiking/snowshoeing trails is open to all Cabinscape guests (with or without a Resort Day Pass).
Are there bugs & critters!?
You bet. Depending on the season, you’ll encounter bugs of all sorts. Bugs, rodents and wildlife are a reality of the wilderness. Guests should come prepared with bug spray and proper protective attire. Ticks have also been a major issue across Ontario. Please do your research ahead of time and learn how to properly check yourself for ticks.
While we do our best to protect our cabins from pesky critters by having them seasonally sprayed, critters can sometimes find their way into the cabin. That’s why it’s important to keep your food sealed and stored. If you’re squeamish around bugs or critters, you may want to consider another kind of getaway.
Is this cabin pet friendly?
Yes! Our Finch and Wren cabins are our two pup-friendly cabin at Calabogie Peaks resort. You are more than welcome to bring your furry friend for an extra fee of $25/per night. Select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout. One dog per booking is permitted. (We do not make exceptions to this rule).
Our Guide to Winter in Calabogie
From epic snowshoe trails to extreme winter sports, we’ve rounded up our Top 5 Things to Do in Calabogie during your Cabinscape stay.