PLEASE NOTE: Haliburton Forest Day Passes are included in pricing. The Haliburton Forest Day Pass offers each guest access to 100,000 acres of wilderness.
November 2-15 blocked for hunting season.
2-night minimum booking / 3-night minimum on long weekends
Click arrows < > to view availability until the end of November.
We are currently booking until December 1st.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive notifications for new availability.
December bookings open September 1st at 8am.
Bone cabin offers a clean, minimalist, rustic and open-concept space designed for 1-3 guests. This lakeside cabin sits on a rocky outcrop offering guests a 270-degree vista with dreamy sunset views across the lake and misty, magical sunrise views in the morning. To beat the heat, go for a swim right off our shore dock for a clean, refreshing dip. Guests looking for an adventure can take our canoe out and explore the lake or hit the trails in Haliburton Forest. Bone cabin comes equipped with a 4-burner stove; mini fridge; BBQ; queen and twin bed; and an indoor bathroom/shower.
This Cabinscape is located in the Haliburton Highlands of Ontario, an area best known for their rolling hardwood forests, pristine lakes and extensive wetlands grounded firmly on the Canadian Shield. From Bone cabin you are just 11-minutes from the main office/lodge at Haliburton Forest with access to their extensive trails and outdoor adventure activities; The Cookhouse Restaurant; Camp Store; Logging Museum and so much more. The picturesque waterfront town of Haliburton is a 35-minute drive from Bone Cabin. Take a day trip for great shopping, cafes, restaurants and events.
Located 3 hours from Toronto and 3 hours & 45 minutes from Ottawa.
Our cabin is completely OFF-GRID. (Don't let this scare you). The cabin is modernized and solar powered with the following amenities and features:
• Drive-in access
• Fully Insulated / Heated via Propane and thermostat
• 4-burner gas stovetop
• Bar fridge
• Indoor shower (Running water is shut-off Mid October - Spring Melt/Early May)
• Indoor composting toilet
• Kitchen accessories and essentials
• Propane BBQ
• Drinkable and running water (Running water is shut-off Mid October - Spring Melt/Early May)
• Indoor/outdoor bar
• Outdoor shower
• Lakefront views
• Fire Pit
• Picnic Table
• Canoe, paddles and life jackets
• Board games, cards and puzzles
• Relax, canoe, fish, swim, read, stargaze
• Hike and Bike in Haliburton Forest Wild Life Reserve with your Day Pass!
• Take a Canopy Tour or Husky Hike in Haliburton Forest (additional cost) (11 minute drive)
• Visit the Wolf Centre in Haliburton Forest and catch a glimpse of their wolf pack: permanent residents of Haliburton Forest since 1993 (additional cost) (11 minute drive)
• Grab a bite at The Cookhouse Restaurant located at the Base Camp of Haliburton Forest (11 minute drive)
• Visit the beautiful waterfront town of Haliburton for shopping, dining and events (35 minute drive)
THINGS TO BRING
• Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets. In response to Covid-19, for your Health and Safety we are removing ALL bedding and towels from our cabins.
• Firewood (you can also collect deadwood on the property)
• Appropriate clothes, layers, and bug repellent
• Hand sanitizer
There is NO WIFI access at the cabins. There is good, reliable cell reception for Rogers and Bell customers at the cabin.
You are more than welcome to bring along your pup. 1 dog per booking is permitted. You will need to add your dog as an “additional guest” when booking. Additional guest/pet fee is $25/per night.
Bone cabin can accommodate up to a max of 3 guests. The daily rate includes 2 guests. The third guest is an additional $25/per night.
Children 12 and under are FREE. Do not bother checking off your child(ren) as additional guests when booking. Please just let us know in your notes. The cabin can accommodate a maximum of 3 guests, plus 1 dog.
Guests will have full access to the cabin and surrounding property. Entry is by lock-box and key. Note: Check in time is 3 pm. Check-out is 11 am.
We are always a phone call or text away for any questions or assistance. Our wonderful on-call property manager lives nearby and can be available on-site if need be.
No smoking. No parties or events. May not be suitable for infants (under 2 years). Pets allowed.
ENERGY CONSUMPTION: As an off-grid, solar powered cabin, energy conservation is key. Please turn off lights when not in use, especially when you are outside of the cabin. Drawing too much energy may cause you to lose power, so please be mindful of your consumption. There is a back-up generator if needed.
NOISE LEVELS: Please keep your evening noise levels to within reason. Help us to promote a quiet and tranquil setting for everyone.
GARBAGE: All garbage and recycling must be packed up and taken home on your departure. There is a local dump that you can stop at on your way home.
PETS: You are more than welcome to bring along your dogs. We ask that you please keep them off the beds and couch cushions. Due to common allergies, cats must be kept at home.
1 Queen, 1 Double Bed
Haliburton Forest Passes