Sleeps 4 | 160sq/ft
Hike the private trails on site or drive 5-minutes to the public beach for epic sunset vistas and long walks along the icy shore of Lake Huron. This tiny cabin offers a clean, minimalist, rustic and open-concept design and embodies the essence of slow country living.
Hike-In: 600 Meters (Winter Only) | Remoteness: Medium
Activities at this cabin:
SELECT THE NIGHTS YOU’D LIKE TO STAY IN THE RESERVATION CALENDAR ABOVE
☼ 2-night minimum stay / 3-nights on long weekends
☼ A $40 cleaning fee will be included in your reservation total
☼ HST will be added on the checkout page
We book up to 4 months in advance and open reservations on a revolving monthly basis. August bookings open on May 1st at 8am.
THIS CABIN INCLUDES:1 Queen/1 Double Bed
Fan and Heat
Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar & Coffee
*Running water is shut-off Early October – Mid May
This eco-cabin is completely OFF-GRID. (Don’t let this scare you). Our cabin is modernized and solar powered with electricity and heat. Feel good knowing that you’re choosing a low-carbon, eco-friendly getaway. As an off-grid cabin, energy conservation is key. Drawing too much energy may cause you to lose power, so you’ll need to be mindful of your consumption during your stay. There is a back-up generator when solar power is low.
LEAVE NO TRACE
All garbage and recycling must be packed up and taken home on your departure.
THINGS TO DO
- Relax, Fish, Swim, Read, Stargaze (Lake Huron – 5 minute drive)
- Hike the on-site trails
- Hike the local conservation area trails or Pinery Provincial Park (15-25 minute drive)
- Cycle the local farm roads
- Visit the historic village of Bayfield (7 minute Drive)
- Visit Grand Bend, named one of Canada’s best beach towns (19 minute drive)
- There is a steep drop-off next to the cabin. While this creates a wonderful view it may be an issue for young children or pets. Please keep this in mind prior to booking
- There is a wind turbine exactly 300 metres from the cabin. Depending on the season and weather, you may hear a low frequency sound when the turbine is running. If you are very sensitive to sounds, this turbine may affect you and you may want to consider another cabin.
What makes this location awesome?
This Cabinscape is located in the traditional forests and rolling farmland fields of Southwestern Ontario in Huron County (“Ontario’s West Coast”). A short 5-minute drive will take you to the shorelines of Lake Huron where sandy beaches stretch on for miles. Sunsets here are ranked by National Geographic as among the “Top 10 Best in the World.”
From the cabin, you are just a short 7-minute drive down country roads to the charming heritage town of Bayfield. Here you’ll find anything you might need: groceries, LCBO, cafes, restaurants, pubs, Saturday farmers’ markets, galleries, concerts, and activities. Explore the nearby trails at Bannockburn Conservation Area or visit Pinery Provincial Park for 38 kilometres of groomed cross country ski trails.
When is check-in and check-out?
Entry is by lock-box and key. Check in time is 3 pm. Check-out is 11 am.
What if I need assistance during my stay?
We are always a phone call or text away for any questions or assistance. Our on-call property manager lives nearby and can be available on-site when needed.
What should I bring?
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets. (In response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins).
- Bug repellent
- Hand sanitizer
When is running water shut off?
- Our water is pumped from the creek. Running water is shut off when temperatures dip below freezing. This normally happens mid-October but can vary each year. When running water is shut off, we provide 40L of water for dish washing and drinking. All taps (including shower taps) are turned off. Water is turned back on before the May Long Weekend.
Does this cabin have an indoor shower?
- No, this cabin does not have an indoor shower. Enjoy showering in our refreshing outdoor shower at the side of the cabin. The shower is equipped with hot water.
Can I bring additional guests?
- Yes. This cabin can accommodate up to 4 guests plus 1 pup. The base rental rate includes 2 guests. Each additional guest is $25/per night. Please check off 3 or 4 guests at checkout. If you’re bringing a pup, please select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout.
Is there WIFI/Cell Service?
- There is NO WIFI access at this cabin. There is reliable cell reception. However, access to data is slow and spotty. Don’t plan on having a Zoom meeting here.
Are there bugs or critters?!
You bet. Depending on the season, you’ll encounter bugs of all sorts. Bugs, rodents and wildlife are a reality of the wilderness. Guests should come prepared with bug spray and proper protective attire. Ticks have also been a major issue across Ontario. Please do your research ahead of time and learn how to properly check yourself for ticks.
While we do our best to protect our cabins from pesky critters by having them seasonally sprayed, critters can sometimes find their way into the cabin. That’s why it’s important to keep your food sealed and stored. If you’re squeamish around bugs or critters, you may want to consider another kind of getaway.
Is this cabin pet friendly?
Yes! You are more than welcome to bring your furry friend for an extra fee of $25/per night. Select the “Pet Pal” option at checkout. One dog per booking is permitted. (We do not make exceptions to this rule).