With main ingredients including eggs and tomato, this meal can be served at any time of the day. Easy to make on a campfire or stovetop. You can measure out the spices so you have the exact amount ready on the go. Enjoy Shakshuka at your next Cabinscape getaway!
All you need:
1 medium-sized onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 large red bell pepper (chopped)
1 can of crushed tomatoes (About 800 g)
1 can of tomato paste
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Chilli flakes (Spice is optional)
1 teaspoon sugar
Ground black pepper
Cilantro (chopped for garnish)
Feta cheese (crumbled)
Pita bread (Optional)
1. Add olive oil to a pan. Wait about 2-3 minutes until heated and
add diced onions. Wait roughly 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add minced garlic and wait 2-3 minutes until brown,
then add chopped red bell pepper. Wait roughly
5 minutes until pepper softens.
3. Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and 1 can
of crushed tomato to your mixture.
4. Stir continuously for about 10-15 minutes. Take a spoon and
create empty pockets of space. Place cracked open eggs
in the pockets.
5. Wait 10-15 minutes, add cilantro for garnish and crumbled feta cheese.
6. Serve with pita bread and ENJOY!
BONUS! Summer Spritz Recipe
All you need:
3 oz Aperol
3 oz Prosecco
1 oz club soda
1. Add ice to a wine glass. Pour approximately 3 oz of Aperol.
Fill about one-third of the wine glass. Then add 3 oz of Prosecco.
2. Add 1 oz of club soda or Sprite (this step is optional to make the drink less bitter – don’t skip if you like a sweeter taste)
3. Add a slice of orange. Enjoy!
Pictures and recipe by @foodtraveleisure on Instagram