Cabin Cleaner – Calabogie | Part Time
Accepting applications until January 23, 2023
Starting date: January/February 2023
Brief Job Summary
Cabinscape is seeking reliable and adventurous local cleaners to join our growing hospitality team. You’ll be responsible for maintaining a handful of our tiny off-grid cabins located next to Calabogie Peaks Resort in Calabogie, ON. You should have a keen eye for detail, a friendly and professional demeanor, and a knack for creative problem solving. This job requires 3-4 shifts a week and is a year around role with CABINSCAPE.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Ensuring the cabins and property is in tip top order: making beds, cleaning surfaces, sweeping and moping, cleaning and changing toilets, restocking supplies, etc.
- Willing to fill up (at home) & carry/drive in two (20L) jugs of water and gas for generator (you’ll be compensated for generator fuel)
- Bringing home and laundering tea towels and fitted sheets on occasion (you’ll be compensated for this task)
- Maintaining cabin’s stock/supplies and reporting when supplies are low
- Performing monthly deep cleans as needed
- Managing tasks and reports via an online / app interface
Requirements + Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the housekeeping or hospitality industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly and hospitable
- Digitally competent with access to a cell phone
- Love of the outdoors
- Experience in off-grid living a bonus!
- Our cabins are located on Calabogie Peaks Resort property (but are managed independently from the resort)
- Access to your own reliable vehicle is required. AWD/4WD required to access cabins.
- Available for weekly cleanings / 3-4 shifts a week. (It normally takes 1.5-2 hours to clean a cabin)
Compensation + Perks
- Part-time position; no benefits
- $20/hour (2 hour minimum per clean)
- Free cabin accommodations! We want you to know our cabins inside and out. This means staying over at our cabins and getting the full CABINSCAPE experience.