COVID NOTICE – PLEASE READ
June 11: ONTARIO ENTERS STEP 1 OF REOPENING
After carefully reviewing the updated Government Guidelines, it is our understanding that we are able to keep our business operational during this period based on the fact that we fall under the category of “Hotels, motels, lodges, cabins, cottages…” (which have been listed as businesses permitted to operate). As such we are honouring our existing bookings.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR YOUR VISIT: Please check this page for updates.
Our standard cancellation policy is in effect. Any guests who have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, have been in contact with infected individuals, or who are showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus must reschedule or cancel their visit. If you are no longer able to make your booking or feel you are at risk for transmission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government of Ontario Documentation: SAFETY MEASURES | ONTARIO REOPENING ROAD MAP
To ensure your safety and the safety of the local communities around our cabins, we strongly advise you to gas up and do ALL your shopping BEFORE arriving, and to avoid visiting local establishments during your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to our cabin! Our cabins are an off grid experience. We highly recommend reviewing our House Manual before your visit to help you best prepare. In addition, all guests must review and sign our liability waiver prior to their visit. Please fill out and sign the below waiver and review all of the below information in detail.
Let us know if you have any questions. If you have any questions during your stay, best to send us a quick text.
Our on-site support number is : (289) 206-1193
Have a great getaway!
Laura and John
Current Access/Weather Conditions (Check back the day you leave): This cabin is currently drive in accessible. Please refer to the directions below for more detail. Please note that Cabinscape does not take responsibility for any damages that occur to your vehicle or towing expenses.
BEARS: Be aware, there have been reports of bear sightings in the area. Our cabins are located in the wilderness and you may encounter wildlife during your trip. Please DO NOT leave food (or coolers) out, and educate yourself on how to manage a bear encounter by reviewing this BEAR WISE FACT SHEET.
What to bring
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets (in response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Firewood (please review the fire advisories for the area before burning)
- Camping chairs
- Bug repellent
- Warm clothing
WREN CABIN ADDRESS:
Mary Joanne Dr, Greater Madawaska, ON K0J 1H0 (follow the Cabinscape signs to cabin)
– Google Maps “Calabogie Peaks Resort” and follow the directions until you reach the main parking lot (along Barrett Chute Road)
– Continue along Barrett Chute Road, past the parking lot and Mary Joanne Drive (approximately 300 meters)
– Once you pass Mary Joanne Drive, keep your eye out for a dirt road on your right and turn in when you reach it. There is a sign for Morgan Lane just before the turn. If you reach a fork along Barret Chute Road, you’ve gone too far.
– When you turn onto that dirt road, you will see a parking area. Continue along the road, past that parking area and up the hill.
– Take your first left (it’s a sharp turn!) to reach the lane to the cabin. Drive slowly, especially if you do not have 4WD/AWD.
– Continue along this road for approximately 75 meters to reach the cabin
There is a Lock Box beside the door with key inside. When you leave the cabin, please lock the cabin and leave the key inside lock box.
(LOCK BOX CODE IS: 1506)
Maps and Manuals
Please review the below maps and manuals in detail:
RESORT DAY PASS:
As part of our partnership with Calabogie Peaks Resort, Resort Day Passes (optional) are available to Cabinscape guests who want the full resort experience. Cabinscape guests who wish to enjoy the resort’s amenities may purchase a Resort Day Pass from the front desk at the main hotel. The cost is $25 (per person) or $60 (per family). Review our House Manual for more info on Resort amenities.
Please note: Due to Covid-19, certain amenities like Pool & Spa are not operational at this time. Additionally, beach amenities like paddle boards and pedal boats are only available on Saturdays and Sundays. However, weekday guests are welcome to enjoy swimming and lounging at the public beach. Full beach amenities will be available as of June 27, 7 days a week.