COVID NOTICE – PLEASE READ
JUNE 30: ONTARIO ENTERS STEP 2 OF REOPENING
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR YOUR VISIT: Please check this page for updates.
Our standard cancellation policy is in effect. Any guests who have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, have been in contact with infected individuals, or who are showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus must reschedule or cancel their visit. If you are no longer able to make your booking or feel you are at risk for transmission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government of Ontario Documentation: SAFETY MEASURES | ONTARIO REOPENING ROAD MAP
To ensure your safety and the safety of the local communities around our cabins, we strongly advise you to gas up and do ALL your shopping BEFORE arriving, and to always wear a mask if visiting local establishments during your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to our cabin! Our cabins are an off grid experience. We highly recommend reviewing our House Manual before your visit to help you best prepare. In addition, all guests must review and sign our liability waiver prior to their visit. Please fill out and sign the below waiver and review all of the below information in detail.
Let us know if you have any questions. If you have any questions during your stay, best to send us a quick text.
Our on-site support number is : (289) 206-1193
Have a great getaway!
Laura and John
Current Access/Weather Conditions (Check back the day you leave): This cabin is currently drive in accessible. Please refer to the directions below for more detail. Please note that Cabinscape does not take responsibility for any damages that occur to your vehicle or towing expenses.
Water: Running water is currently turned ON for the season. We provide 20 litres of drinkable water in jugs. Tap water is NOT drinkable.
BEARS: Be aware, there have been reports of bear sightings in the area. Our cabins are located in the wilderness and you may encounter wildlife during your trip. Please DO NOT leave food (or coolers) out, and educate yourself on how to manage a bear encounter by reviewing this BEAR WISE FACT SHEET.
What to bring
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets (in response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Firewood (please review the fire advisories for the area before burning)
- Camping chairs
- Bug repellent
- Warm clothing
PENNER CABIN ADDRESS:
NOTE: Penner Cabin does not have a civic number / formal address
You’ll need to Google Minnow Drive, Dysart et al, ON (This will take you to the lane.)
Follow the Cabinscape signs and directions to reach the cabin.
Google Map “Minnow Drive, Dysart et al, ON” or use GPS coordinates: 45.233556, -78.656500 and follow the below directions to your final destination.
STARTING FROM WEST GILFORD:
– Continue along Kennisis Lake Road for 28 km
– Turn right onto Minnow Drive, continue for 1.4km, you will see a bush lane on your left and a Cabinscape sign (on the right side pointing to the bush lane).
*Minnow Drive is bumpy and may be muddy. Take precaution while driving at all times, especially with low clearance vehicles.
– Arrive at our locked front gate (it’s red). If you choose to hike in, you can park right in front of the gate. If you choose to drive in the GATE LOCK CODE IS 7807 – hold the lock closed, enter these numbers to align with the small indented dashes on the top of the lock face (NOT in the middle of the lock) and pull hard. Make sure to lock up gate when you enter or exit.
– Drive approximately 300 meters until you reach a road to the right. Take the road to the right and continue along that lane. You will see the cabin once you turn the corner (approximately 100 meters).
*This lane can be muddy in the spring and fall months, especially after a heavy rainfall. If you do not have AWD/4WD and a high clearance undercarriage, we recommend parking at the gate and hiking in.
There is a Lock Box beside the door with key inside. When you leave the cabin, please lock the cabin and leave the key inside lock box.
(LOCK BOX CODE IS: 1516)
Maps and Manuals
Please review the below maps and manuals in detail:
You are very close to Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve base camp, which has over 400 km of hiking and mountain biking trails and lakes. Parking at base camp and access to the trails is included with your Cabinscape reservation. A map of base camp and trail access instructions are included in your cabin manual, but if you have further questions, you can direct them to the team at the base camp main office, which is open 7-days a week (8am-5pm).
- You’ll find a red Haliburton Forest car tag for your rearview mirror beside our house manual. You will need this to enter the forest at Base Camp.
- PLEASE RETURN THE CAR TAG TO OUR HOUSE MANUAL. Thanks 🙂
- Bring this Day Pass to the Main Office and let them know you’re a Cabinscape guest and would like to enter the Forest.
- You will be given a gate key for the main gate. A key deposit of $25 will be required (this deposit will be returned once the key is returned).
- If you need to return your key after office hours, place your key and receipt in the envelope you’ll be given at the office. Put the envelope inside the mailbox (located by the front door of the office). Your deposit will be returned the next day. Make sure to return your gate key before your final departure home!
- If you’d like to use your Day Pass before checking into your cabin or after you check out, not a problem. You’ll need to visit the Main Office at Haliburton Forest Base Camp. Tell them you’re a Cabinscape guest. They will give you a temporary car tag and gate key.
Haliburton Forest Main Office: (Open Monday-Sunday, 8am-5pm).
1095 Redkenn Rd, Dysart et al, ON K0M 1S0
Firewood and kindling can be purchased at Haliburton Forest’s Main Office and Cookhouse/Camp Store. Most gas stations also sell firewood.