COVID NOTICE – PLEASE READ
JUNE 30: ONTARIO ENTERS STEP 2 OF REOPENING
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR YOUR VISIT: Please check this page for updates.
Our standard cancellation policy is in effect. Any guests who have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, have been in contact with infected individuals, or who are showing symptoms of the COVID-19 virus must reschedule or cancel their visit. If you are no longer able to make your booking or feel you are at risk for transmission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Government of Ontario Documentation: SAFETY MEASURES | ONTARIO REOPENING ROAD MAP
To ensure your safety and the safety of the local communities around our cabins, we strongly advise you to gas up and do ALL your shopping BEFORE arriving, and to always wear a mask if visiting local establishments during your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to our cabin! Our cabins are an off grid experience. We highly recommend reviewing our House Manual before your visit to help you best prepare. In addition, all guests must review and sign our liability waiver prior to their visit. Please fill out and sign the below waiver and review all of the below information in detail.
Let us know if you have any questions. If you have any questions during your stay, best to send us a quick text.
Our on-site support number is : (289) 206-1193
Have a great getaway!
Laura and John
Current Access/Weather Conditions: This cabin is currently 4WD/AWD access only. The gate is open for vehicles, however, if you do not have a 4WD/AWD vehicle, this cabin is hike-in only (it is a 1-km hike from the parking lot). If you need to hike, we suggest you pack lightly and carry most of your gear on your backs, the trail to the cabin is not wagon-friendly.
Cabinscape does not take responsibility for any damages that occur to your vehicle or towing expenses.
Water: Running water is currently turned ON for the season. We provide 20 litres of drinkable water in jugs. Tap water is NOT drinkable.
BEARS: Be aware, there have been reports of bear sightings in the area. Our cabins are located in the wilderness and you may encounter wildlife during your trip. Please DO NOT leave food (or coolers) out, and educate yourself on how to manage a bear encounter by reviewing this BEAR WISE FACT SHEET.
What to bring
- Your own food & drink
- Your own towels, sheets, pillows, pillow cases and blankets (in response to Covid-19, we have removed ALL bedding and towels from our cabins)
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Firewood (please review the fire advisories for the area before burning)
- Camping chairs
- Bug repellent
- Warm clothing
MICA CABIN ADDRESS:
824 Long Lake Road, Perth
(This will take you to the parking area.)
Our cabins address is on Long Lake Road. If you’re using GPS, Mica cabin is located at 824 Long Lake Road in Perth, Ontario.
The cabin is well signed. If you follow the directions below you’ll see our Cabinscape/Mica cabin signs and private property signs. You can follow these to the cabin
From Highway 401…
– Take ON-15 exit north
– Turn left onto County Rd 42 W
– Turn right onto Narrows Lock Rd/County Rd 14 Continue to follow Narrows Lock Rd 9.2 km
– Turn right onto Narrows Lock Rd/Lanark 14 9.0 km
– Turn right onto Long Lake Rd 1.7 km
– Laneway will be on your left. You will see a parking area for the conservation area and a barn board Cabinscape sign
– If you DO NOT have an 4WD/AWD vehicle, please park here and hike-in (1km).
– Continue ahead through the gate. If you are driving, you will see a lock box on the right gate post. This lock box houses the key for the gate lock. GATE LOCK BOX CODE IS 0721. Please return the key before continuing on.
– Continue ahead, as you reach a fork in the road (approx. 350m in) take the left following the signs to Mica Cabin.
There is a Lock Box beside the door with key inside. When you leave the cabin, please lock the cabin and leave the key inside lock box.
(LOCK BOX CODE IS: 0721)
Maps and Manuals
Please review the below maps and manuals in detail: